I would just like to share this video (and then some comments). This is from CBS KPIX channel 5 in San Fransisco.
OK, now for some comments:
- I was contacted a while ago by Sharon Chin from KPIX. She was interested in doing a story on the science of MacGyver. Actually, I’m not 100 percent sure how she knew I was the science advisor (actually, I’m the technical consultant)—I guess that’s why she’s a journalist.
- We picked a day for Sharon and a camera person to come visit me at Southeastern—we ended up with Halloween. That’s just the day that worked.
- They arrived around 9:00 AM and we first recorded an interview. After that, we went through probably 5 MacGyver builds. It was tough recording all that stuff. We had to do it multiple times to get the camera angles correct.
- After that, they visited my PHYS 142 class (you know, the one that’s on the chopping blocks). They interviewed a student and then watched some of the class.
- Overall, things went great—but I was super tired afterwards.
- Super grateful to Sharon and KPIX for doing this episode. It’s great to get some more publicity.
- Oh, one thing I try to make clear in the interview—I’m not responsible for all the hacks. Credit goes to the awesome MacGyver writers. They come up with some great stuff.
- Oh, double credit also to the editor for this video. They must have had about 5 hours worth of video to get 3 minutes of air time. Impressive. I wouldn’t want to do that.
- The end.
- I don’t need this last bullet—but it’s here anyway.
One thought on “My MacGyver Interview”