I am honestly not quite sure how many blog posts I have about Thanksgiving. It’s probably about 1 per year for 8 years. I’m going to guess it’s 8. Here goes my internet search.
This is what I found.
- What is the specific heat capacity of a turkey? Experimental evidence included.
- Could you cook a turkey by just dropping it? You know, heating from the change in gravitational potential energy on impact?
- How many batteries would it take to cook a turkey? Electrical cooking.
- Here is another way to cook a turkey by dropping it. Drop it from a lower height but multiple times.
- Note: the original title for my book Geek Physics (Amazon) was “Can you cook a turkey by dropping it?” True.
- The physics of a Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade balloon.
- Black Friday homework (and some other stuff). Yes, I know this is not Thanksgiving.